Curious how the upcoming Dystopian Legions will play? Well on the 25th October Spartan Games will be releasing a free to download quickplay version of the rules. Because they’re that damn nice. Here’s what Spartan had to say about it…
Our 80-page Quickplay Rulebook covers all areas of the game mechanics you will need to play a full game of Dystopian Legions, along with descriptive examples and colour diagrams to aid your understanding. This book can be used as a step-by-step guide, taking you from building your forces and setting up yourGame Board, through each phase of a Turn Sequence, and how to work out who has won once the game is over!
To give a quick overview of the Book’s contents:
• Introduction: An Introduction to the game, and the world of Dystopian Legions
• Game Basics: A rundown of the basic mechanics used throughout the game
• Game Cards: How to use the deck of Game Cards that come in your Starter Set, and how to expand it
• Game Set Up: A guide to how to get started with a game of Dystopian Legions
• Force Building: How to pick your models and assemble a fighting force
• Terrain Rules: A rundown of the effects of Terrain on the way that models can move and shoot
• Sequence of Play: An overview of the order in which each Turn’s events take place
• Command and Morale: The effects of Morale on your troops, and the role of your Officers and Characters
• Movement Segment: How different sorts of models can move, and the different sorts of movement they can perform
• Ranged Attacks: A full description of how models can shoot at one another from range, and the effects that these attacks have
• Melee Phase: How to resolve close-quarters Melee combat
• End Phase: How to wrap up each Turn, and how to check if the game has ended
• Victory Conditions: How to decide who has won the game
• Model Assigned Rules: A list of the special rules and Abilities used by certain models and weapons
• Index: A comprehensive index to quickly reference any part of the rules
From our website you can download a digital PDF version of the rulebook and also Army Lists and Model Statistics for the first four nations. Don’t forget that each of the four initial Starter Sets all come with an A5 printed version of the Quickplay Rulebook.
Over the coming months, leading up to the release of the 196-page Hardback Dystopian Legions Master Rulebook in the early part of 2013, the Army Lists will act as living documents for the Statistics and Rules of the numerous new models we will be adding in the coming months.
The exciting arrival of the Master Rulebook will bring you a bunch of key new additions to the core rules, including a campaign system, modelling and painting guides for different units, variant Army Lists for each of the nations, new troop types, an extensive armour combat section and much more.
For now grab the Quickplay Rules, build your force and enter the ground war… you can download the documents from Thursday, October 25th.