As the 12th April comes ever closer and the prospect of another day filled with nothing but the sights, sounds and smells of the UK’s best all-round gaming show (and with the recent trend with Games Day, arguably just the outright best) fills our every waking thought (especially Mat’s – it’s his first time and he’s really quite excited), the members of The Shell Case team attending Salute this year (sorry Ashley, next time maybe?) have taken time to reflect on their hopes and expectations for Salute 2014.
Here’s what I came up with and the other’s will be posting their expectations soon. I repeat, Mat is very excited about attending his first Salute. You have been warned.
- Spend time chilling and exploring the show with The Shell Case crew
- Attend the #warmongers gathering
- Pick up two or three new skirmish games: Godslayer, possibly a second Malifaux starter and whatever takes my fancy on the day (Dark Age is something I definitely want to take a closer look at if anyone has it there – any ideas anyone?)
- Grab some FW goodness. I allow myself one impulse purchase from the FW guys at each Salute and by one purchase, I mean one credit card transaction 😉 Trying to decide whether I want to pick up some heresy goodies, possibly Iron Hands as I like their affinity with the Mechanicum and they have some awesome models.
- Get some video of the day for a post-Salute wrap-up for The Shell Case!